By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
With the Olympics now over, the NBA has turned its attention to the start of training camp next month. There are only a few notable free agents available, headlined by J.R. Smith, who is expected to re-sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers in the coming weeks.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Former No. 1 overall pick Kwame Brown is trying to return to the NBA, according to Interperformances. Brown last played for the Philadelphia 76ers in the 2012–13 season.
• The Los Angeles Lakers will officially sign No. 2 pick Brandon Ingram on Tuesday, reports Shams Charania of The Vertical.
• The Lakers also announced they have signed Chinese big man Yi Jianlian.
• Warriors forward Kevin Durant told Michael Lee of The Vertical that the Olympics were “therapy” for him after the backlash he received for signing with Golden State.
• The Detroit Pistons are not expected to re-sign big man Aron Baynes next summer, reports Perry A. Ferrell of the Detroit Free Press.
• Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio told the Associated Press that the team has the pieces to “make something happen” this year. Minnesota hasn’t made the playoffs since the 2003–04 season.
• Second-round pick Marcus Paige has signed with the Utah Jazz, the team announced.