Company indicted over circus tent collapse that killed 2

A circus company faces several charges following a tent collapse last year in New Hampshire that killed a man and his 6-year-old daughter.

The Caledonian Record reports ( that a Coos County grand jury returned an indictment Friday with one felony and seven misdemeanors against Walker International Events, of Sarasota, Florida.

County Attorney John McCormick says the felony accuses Walker of failing to obtain a permit before setting up the tent. The misdemeanors deal with fire and building code and reckless conduct allegations.

McCormick says Walker could face sanctions. Its phone number is disconnected.

Forty-one-year-old Robert Young and daughter Annabelle, of Concord, Vermont, died Aug. 3 when a storm blew through the Lancaster fairgrounds, toppling the tent after about 100 people settled in for a show. Fifty people were injured.


Information from: The Caledonian-Record,

comments powered by Disqus