Rafael Benitez is set to remain as Newcastle United manager and honour his three-year contract following their relegation from the Premier League.
The 56-year-old Spaniard was appointed in March following Steve McClaren’s sacking but failed to keep the Magpies in the top flight.
He had a break clause in his contract if Newcastle were relegated and was widely expected to leave the club.
Newcastle have called a news conference for 19:00 BST on Wednesday.
Former Newcastle striker Alan Shearer said earlier this month he would be “amazed” if Benitez stayed at St James’ Park.
Shearer, who managed Newcastle briefly in 2009, told BBC Sport: “I’m sure he’ll have loads and loads of offers, not only from the Premier League but from around the world.”
Former Valencia, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Napoli and Real Madrid boss Benitez took over with Newcastle one point adrift of safety.
Despite losing only three of his 10 matches in charge, Newcastle were relegated with one game of the season remaining as North East rivals Sunderland survived.