Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard are among the top five earners in Major League Soccer, with ex-Real Madrid star Kaka the league’s highest-paid player.
Former Liverpool and England captain Gerrard, 35, is paid a total $6,132,500 (£4,199,393) by LA Galaxy.
Fellow midfielder Lampard, 37 – who joined New York City last year – earns $6,000,000 (£4,108,660).
Former world player of the year Kaka, 34, earns a league record $7,167,500 (£4,908,204) at Orlando City.
The lowest-paid player in the league, according to the figures released by MLS Players Union, is Montreal’s Belizean forward Michael Salazar.
The 23-year-old earns $51,492 (£35,260) a year – less than three days wages for Kaka.
MLS top five earners
1. Kaka (Orlanda City) Salary: $7,167,500 (£4,908,204)
2. Steven Giovinco (Toronto) Salary: $7,115,556 (£4,872,633)
3. Michael Bradley (Toronto) Salary: $6,500,000 (£4,451,109)
4. Steven Gerrard (LA Galaxy) Salary: $6,132,500 (£4,199,450)
5. Frank Lampard (New York City) Salary: $6,000,000 (£4,108,66)