Mama June Lets Go Of Bitterness From Cancellation Of ‘Honey Boo Boo’

Mama June

Mama June Shannon is letting go of her bitterness over the cancellation of TLC’s “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” The show was yanked off the air when it was discovered she was involved with a convicted sex offender. 

Mama June is now “at piece” with it all.

People had an exclusive sneak peek at the interview set to broadcast on this weekend’s “Oprah: Where Are They Now?”

Shannon reveals that since time has passed and less cameras are recording every move she makes, she realizes that “[there’s] nothing like being at home and knowing that you don’t have to deal with drama and you don’t have to deal with craziness.”

The network cancelled production of the “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” series in 2014 after Shannon was linked to convicted sex offender, Mark McDaniel. He allegedly molested Shannon’s daughter Anna “Chickadee” Cardwell.

News that TLC was shutting down the popular series rocked the reality TV world.

Mama June’s brother-in-law, Mike “Poodle,” Thompson also claimed that her youngest daughter, Alana “Honey Boo Boo” Thompson, had been sexually abused by McDaniel.

In the two years since the show was cancelled, Shannon says it’s “nicer to have it calm and have peace for once.”

Also appearing in the interview is “Honey Boo Boo.” Alannah says in the “Where Are They Now” interview that she awoke one morning and the cameras were suddenly gone.

“I woke up one morning and was like, ‘Where is the crew?’” Alana says. “My mom was like, ‘We stopped filming the show.’”

Also in the interview, Mama June shows the TV crew around her house. She shares that she allows her daughters to express their creativity in helping decorate the place. A glimpse of that can be viewed in the video below.

Mama June Shannon’s interview can be viewed on Saturday, April 30, at 10 p.m., ET on OWN

comments powered by Disqus