Filing your taxes is not high on the list of fun things to do, so why not reward yourself with a Tax Day freebie to celebrate your refund or as a consolation prize for having to fork over some of your hard-earned cash to Uncle Sam?
Tax Day falls on Monday, April 18 this year due to Emancipation Day (April 19 in MA and ME). The food freebies and offers below are a great way to kick off your week — especially if you didn’t get a refund.
- Boston Market is offering a half chicken Individual Meal, two sides, cornbread, regular beverage and a cookie for $10.40.
- Hard Rock Cafe will give you a free Local Legendary Burger if you get up on stage and sing for your supper on April 18.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill is offering 15 percent off your check with this coupon. Can’t go out on Tax Day? Save the coupon — it’s valid ’til April 29.
- Great American Cookie has a free sugar cookie for anyone who stops by. No purchase necessary but there is a limit of one per customer.
- Bertucci’s has a Tax Day takeout deal just in case you are still working on your taxes and don’t have time to go out to eat on Monday. Take $10 off a takeout order of $30 or more on April 18 with this coupon.
- Denny’s has a coupon valid for 15 percent off your check — expires on April 19 if you’re too tired from juggling numbers to eat.
- Buca di Beppo has a Tax Day coupon valid for 18% off your meal.
- Bruegger’s Bagels isn’t offering a freebie, but if you need bagels, their Tax Day deal is a good one! Get a bakers dozen + two tubs of cream cheese for $10.40. Head over to brueggers.com for more info.
- Outback Steakhouse is offering taxpayers 15 percent off their check for lunch or dinner with this coupon on April 18. Dine-in or take-out at participating locations in the U.S.
- Sonny’s BBQ is offering 50 percent off their Sweet Smokey or House Dry-Rubbed Rib Dinners.
Expecting a refund this year? Once your return is accepted by the IRS, you could have your refund in as little as 21 days if you E-File and use direct deposit. Find out how to check your refund status here.