Victims from shooter at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio: sheriff

SAN ANTONIO Two people were killed in an apparent murder-suicide at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio on Friday that triggered a lockdown at the facility, the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office said.

“It’s over,” Bexar County Sheriff’s office spokesman James Keith said, adding that deputies were still on the scene.

The sheriff’s office had responded to reports of a shooter at the base.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation said it had been called to assist.

Parts of the base were locked down as a result of the incident, including three schools, the sheriff’s office said. Military police and sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to clear out buildings.

Authorities also ordered people at a nearby industrial complex to stay in their buildings.

(Reporting by Jon Herskovitz and Jim Forsyth; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama and Jeffrey Benkoe)

comments powered by Disqus