Anthony Joshua admitted it will be difficult to control his emotions when he challenges Charles Martin for the IBF heavyweight title on Saturday.
Joshua is bidding to become Britain’s sixth world heavyweight champion in only his 16th professional fight.
American Martin is making the first defence of the belt he won in January.
“I’ll probably go out and try to take his head off. I’m a fighter, I’m not going to dance around and evade punches,” said the 26-year-old Joshua.
“I’m going to walk through two punches to give him five. When it comes to us big, heavy-hitters we don’t play games. We’re here to go to war.”
Martin, who won the vacant IBF belt by beating Vyacheslav Glazkov, rejected the suggestion he had been lured to London’s O2 Arena simply for the pay-day.
“They’re paying me a lot of money, but a lot of money isn’t enough money,” said the 29-year-old Martin, who is undefeated in 24 pro fights.
“I’m here to successfully defend my title and go and get more money. This isn’t enough to make me comfortable, this is just the beginning. My plans are enormous.
“I don’t need to be in a fortress with everyone yelling my name, the only thing that matters is what’s going on in his head and what’s going on in my head.
“It’s two big, young, heavy-hitting, hungry lions of the sport. That’s what people want to see, we’re bringing the heavyweight division back to life.
“I’ve put gallons of blood, sweat and tears into this game. We’ve both got the same tools, two arms and two legs, so it might come down to who wants it most.”