Dree Hemingway is featured as the March playmate in Playboy’s first non-nude issue. The actress/model is the daughter of Mariel Hemingway, who appeared in the magazine in 1982.
Mariel Hemingway “gets physical” in the 80s
1) Dree, 27, was born in Sun Valley, Idaho, in 1987. Her father is Stephen Crisman. Renowned author Ernest Hemingway is her great-grandfather. Her aunt is late model and actress Margaux Hemingway.
Can you tell she’s a Hemingway?
She told Playboy: “I’ll break down my family in two seconds. They’re my family. My last name isn’t anything but a wow factor. It says nothing about me.”
Ernest in the 1950s
2) Dree attended Ernest Hemingway Elementary School and later relocated to California where she attended high school. She dropped out to pursue a modeling career.
3) In 2003, she was presented as a debutante in Paris, France. A debutante is “an upper-class young woman making her first appearance in fashionable society.”
4) Dree has appeared in several fashion campaigns for designers such as Givenchy, Karl Lagerfield, Jean Paul Gaultier, Valentino and Chanel.
5) Dree is building up her film resume. She starred in the 2012 indie film “Starlet” and the 2014 films “Listen Up Philip” and “While We’re Young.”